Basin Electric Power Cooperative and Grundy County REC Scholarships
Each year, four scholarships are awarded to local students:
- One Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship - $1000
- Three Grundy County REC Scholarships - $750 each
To qualify for the Basin Electric Power Cooperative and Grundy County REC Scholarships:
- Students must be dependents of members of Grundy County REC;
- Applicants must be students enrolled or planning to enroll in full time undergraduate or graduate courses of study at an accredited, two-year or four-year colleges, universities, or vocational/ technical schools.
This is an award that is based on academic excellence, work experience, school and community activities, and a recommendation by a third party.
To apply, download an application form, and submit it to Grundy County REC. Must be submitted by February 8th 2021.
Corn Belt Power Scholarships
Northwest Iowa Community College
Corn Belt Power Cooperative partners with Northwest Iowa Community College in Sheldon, Iowa, to offer four separate $500 scholarships.
- Recipients may be either first or second year students at Northwest Iowa Community College studying in the programs of Electrical Technology, Powerline or Powerline Technology;
- Students must maintain a 2.5 minimum GPA.
Applications must be filed with Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation and can be submitted online at: https://nwicc.edu/tuition-financial-aid/ncc-scholarships/scholarship-list/?keywords=corn%20belt. The 2021 application deadline TBA soon!
Iowa Lakes Community College
In partnership with Iowa Lakes Community College, Corn Belt Power also offers one $500 scholarship.
- Recipient must be enrolled in the Wind Energy and Turbine Technology program;
- Be a first or second year student at Iowa Lakes Community College;
- Maintain 2.5 minimum GPA;
- Be an Iowa resident.
For an application or more information, contact Alison Mason, Iowa Lakes Community College, 712.362.0491 ext. 4491 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2021 application deadline TBA soon!
Please contact us at 319-824-5251 or email@example.com for scholarship information.