Touchstone Energy Cooperative branding
Main Menu
Show More +

Alternate Energy

All members of Grundy County REC may contribute money toward a fund that will assist in the purchase of alternate or “green” energy in Iowa.

Grundy County REC has designed its alternate energy program to allow its members to make voluntary contributions that will be sent to Corn Belt Power Cooperative to apply toward the purchase of renewable energy.  Members may begin participating by downloading the Alternate Energy Fund form, and then return it to the Cooperative. Grundy County REC receives all of its wholesale electricity from Corn Belt Power Cooperative, which arranges to purchase alternate energy from new and existing generation sources. 


Members of all classes of Grundy County REC may contribute to the alternate energy program. The amount of contribution will be added to your electric bill. Members may contribute a minimum of $5.00 and may enter or leave the contribution program at any time by returning the authorization form. Members who contribute are not guaranteed that electricity generated with renewable resources will be delivered to their individual meters.  Their contributions are given to assist in the development of alternate energy in Iowa and will be spent to deliver renewable energy into the Corn Belt Power Cooperative system from which Grundy County REC members receive power.

If you have questions or would like more information, contact Grundy County REC at 319-824-5251 or 1-800-390-7605.